Attention. Employees with more than one "kostnadsställe" can not always use this method. Read more.
If you want to print by e-mailing your document, the file format needs to be one of the following:
|Picture Files||bmp, dib, gif, jfif, jif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, png, tif, tiff|
|Excel||xlam, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, xltm, xltx|
|Powerpoint||pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx|
|Word||doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx|
If your document comes in a file format not stated above, or if you want to be sure the print-out looks exactly as you want it to look, you need to convert the document into PDF format.
There is a built-in printer you can use to convert any print-out to PDF format. Select Print and then select Microsoft Print to PDF as your printer. You can decide where on your computer the document is saved, and you can name it.
Microsoft Office has a built-in option of saving documents in PDF format as well. Select File. Select Export and Create PDF/XPS. Select the folder you want to save your document in and click Publish.
If you are using macOS you can create a PDF file the following way: Select Print and click PDF down in the left corner in the print window. Select Save as PDF.
- You can only print to Canon printers/copiers with this method.
- Only A4 prints are guaranteed to print properly.
- Prints sent to email@example.com will be in duplex. If you want to print to only one side of the paper, send several one paged documents. (On some printers you can make a choice on the panel for each print).
- Prints sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be in simplex. (On some printers you can make a choice on the panel for each print).
- You choose between color and grayscale printing by choosing the correct mail adress
- Attach your document to an email and send it to one of the email adresses below.
- You should email from your LU email account to make sure the document is printed directly.
- If you send the mail from a private email adress, you will receive an email with instructions to asssociate the email adress with your printing account.
- Now you can go over to the printer, log in and release your print.
|Grayscaleemail@example.com||always printed in duplex|
|Colorfirstname.lastname@example.org||always printed in simplex|